The National Healthcare Group (NHG) Research Committee (RC) was appointed in 2011 to formulate research strategies and implementation of programmes to achieve NHG research goals, in line with NHG’s vision of ‘Adding Years of Healthy Life’ and national research agenda.
The RC comprises of the Chairman, Institution Directors of Research (DoRs), key research leads from NHG, Chairman of NHG Research Ethics Committee, Chairman of NHG Research Data Oversight Committee, Chairman of NHG Tissue Compliance Committee as well as representatives from NTU/LKCMedicine. Other NHG representatives who have demonstrated leadership and experience in research may also be appointed..
The Committee will meet regularly (eg, bimonthly) and the NHG Research and Development Office (RDO) provides secretariat support.
The Term of Reference (TOR) For RC Members:
- To chair/attend the NHG Research Committee meetings.
- To formulate NHG research strategies, with advice from the NHG Board, Senior Management and Joint Implementation & Strategic Committee (JSIC), where applicable, in order to achieve NHG’s vision of ‘Adding Years of Healthy Life’.
- To oversee the implementation of programmes in line with NHG research strategies, in order to achieve NHG research goals.
- To review and approve NHG research programmes/projects for onward approvals by Senior Management and/or NHG Board.
- To formulate, approve and implement appropriate standards, policies and procedure to supervise, review and monitor the conduct of all human biomedical research activities and tissue bank activities in NHG and its member institutions.
- To ensure all human biomedical research and tissue bank activities conducted by NHG and its member institutions are in accordance with all relevant regulations that governing biomedical research including Human Biomedical Research Act 2015 (HBRA).
- To attend at least 75% of NHG Research Committee meetings.
to view the NHG Research Committee Members for period: 01 November 2017 to 31 December 2019.
to return to the previous page.